Monday, December 3, 2012

The Monster in Law

     I recently had the occasion to meet the mother of a very handsome Jewish actor who shall remain nameless. Whenever I see a hot young actor or any guy I may be  interested in I never really consider what his mother is like. When I met the mother of this actor I just thought how much I pity the woman he marries. His mother is a shrew. I got along with her , but  the fifteen minutes I had to deal with her were enough to know that she is a pill. Maybe she is the reason her son is single. Perhaps she scares away all prospective wives. Who knows.
      When a person marries someone they also marry their family . It is also important to see first person how one's prospective spouse deals with his parents and how he would act around his parents with you. One does not need years of observation to access, just have one's eyes wide open while one is scoping out the potential situation.

3 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

Thank you for not mentioning any names. Nothing is more important than Shemirat HaLashone!

N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N said...

In-laws are a huge part of your life and I hope my in laws will see me as a daughter and that I'm able to build a good relationship with them. It means a lot to me when parents like me. I can't imagine what if someone's parents didn't. It saddens me when friends tell me that they cannot stand their inlaws or to enjoy being single because it means not having to deal with a mother in law.