Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rerun

     Another year of Hanukkah parties has come and gone. The same single people from last year were there. I asked a friend at one party whether they thought anyone at that party would be married next year. They got defensive and said that they would prefer to remain single than marry someone just to be wed. Well duh, but that wasn't the question. I am assuming that the couple who might be married next year would be marrying someone appropriate for them and not just to give in. Sadly I may be sitting next year with the same bunch of  jokers at yet another singles Hanukkah fest. Or maybe I will the lucky one to have hope and change occur. After all two can kvetch louder than one.

2 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

My advice:

Next year go to different Hanukkah parties.

Say Tehillim at each Hanukkah party.

Use The Metsudah Tehillim by Rabbi Avrohom Davis.

frum single female said...

Mr Cohen- if only there were that many Hanukkah parties that I could go to that would have different people.