Thursday, January 31, 2013

Love Thy Neighbor

         Sometimes I encounter people at work who are a little odd and a lot annoying. They are actually really nice people, but I find them really strange. I have to hold myself back and make sure that I am nice to them. Its a real test . I am not proud to say that I struggle with this issue, but I do. It is hard to uphold, but so rewarding  to achieve.  At the end of the day I do not want to be the one who makes someone cry before they go to sleep at night . I do not want that on my head.
           I work with someone who is a bully . It is so awful to hear those she torments confide how she harasses them. The shame in their faces when they tell over the story makes me resolve  not to bully those who it would be so easy to take advantage of. I like to be able to sleep at night. Having a clear conscious goes a long way.
           Holding my tongue when it could be used sharply against some nerd gets easier with time. After awhile they get less annoying as I get used to them. Life and death are in the power of one's tongue. I would prefer to use my words  for life.

No comments: