Monday, April 15, 2013

A New Mitzvah To Focus On

     I think that we all need a new thing to be machmir about. I know that the mitzvah that is in vogue to be machmir about is tznius, but I really think that this is being done to death and we are really need of a new thing to focus on.
     When rabbis started ranting about the evils of the internet suddenly no one focused on whether or not anyone was watching tv or not. Well, we need something to distract us from the tznius insanity and that would be a new mitzvah .
     I would like to introduce a new mitzvah for people to focus on. I think that it would be appropriate in light of the many ponzi schemes that have been committed by Jewish people of every religious stripe as of late to focus on being honest in business. I know that this is a hard one , but it is an important one in need of preserving.
      I am really surprised with all the finger pointing about tznius being the root of all evil that nothing is being said about Jews preserving fair business practices. Well, I am not a rabbi. I am far from being one, but I would like to put a seed of thought into the Jewish world. A lot of our brethren are suffering because many of us are not acting fairly in business and this has got to stop. It is the biggest chilul Hashem to see frum Jews in prison for not acting fairly in business. There are families who are suffering because their loved ones were convicted of being unfair in business and creating ponzi schemes. Wake up and smell the coffee folks!
      Tznius is an important mitzvah, but it is not the only mitzvah  in the Torah and its not the only important one.
     

2 comments:

Mr. Cohen said...

I agree with Frum Female.

We need much more emphasis on all forms of business ethics and all forms of Shmirat HaLashon.

I have known girls who wear only the longest possible sleeves and only the longest possible skirts, but they spread vicious rumors about people who never harmed them and who actually helped them many times.

I have known men whose wives who wear the only longest possible sleeves and only the longest possible skirts, but they are so corrupt in business, that you would not believe me if I told you how bad they are.

frum single female said...

shmirat halashon would be a good mitzvah for people to focus on.