Thursday, April 18, 2013

Psoriasis woes

     Lately those flakes have been plaguing my scalp. Not musical scales, but scales of dandruff bad enough to be deemed psoriasis. Psoriasis stinks. It itches and looks unsightly. Another reason not to wear Brooklyn black.
     The only way that I have found to diminish the flakes and scales is through topical medication. Its a crazy process of hair washing and creams. I am usually a low-maintenance person so I find this process unpleasant.
     The only good part is that psoriasis is exacerbated by stress, so when I have an outbreak it forces me to look inward and figure out what is upsetting me enough to hold my scalp accountable. Its a signal to slow down and take care of myself. To attempt to get enough sleep.
     Psoriasis is a warning sign that demands to be heeded, but in a way its not so bad to be forced  to slow down and smell the roses.
     

2 comments:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

Ask your doctor for a shampoo called Clobex (may have different name in the States). It's pretty decent as a shampoo but is also medicated for psoriasis.
Also, if you're not on it already start an over-the-counter zinc supplement and Vitamin D 2000 IU a day.

frum single female said...

thanks for the advise MGI