Monday, April 22, 2013

Time To Smell The Roses

     Some weekends I am really over scheduled. I am so tired that I need another weekend to recuperate. Other weekends I have more free time. It seems however whenever I say that I am just relaxing instead of with solid plans I feel that I am being judged. Why haven't I something special to do every moment of the weekend? I  feel like I have to lie instead of admit that I may have slept in on a Sunday morning instead of having made plans for the ENTIRE day.
      On one level, I do like to have some plan for the weekend so I do things that I cannot do when I am at work. The thing is that I have such a full schedule during the work week that I like to be less regimented on the weekend.
     These days we are living in times where its a badge of honor to subsist on little sleep and run around like a maniac without a moment's pause. Its good to be busy, but its also okay to turn off the auto pilot and admit to smelling the roses.

2 comments:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

I am so busy all week long that what the unexpected break comes along I have no idea what to do with it. It could be a free hour in the evening, it could be no plans for Sunday afternoon but if I don't have anything to do I feel like I'm missing out on something.
Productive people often forget that relaxation needs to be part of one's schedule but never plan for it. So when the opportunity arises it feels wrong because it wasn't something you were anticipating. But it is still necessary.

Wondering Minds said...

I haven't had a "weekend" in almost 2 years...with work every Sunday, and Saturdays being my "off day" (meaning no real day off to actually do things).

I plan on having Sundays off in the near future, and I can't wait to sleep in, or just do nothing.

And you should be proud to admit it, because it's awesome :)