Saturday, April 6, 2013

Facebook and Dating

          I am always wary of becoming Facebook friends too quickly with someone I am dating. I know that this sounds strange because this is someone who has my phone number and knows where I live yet I am slow to friend them on Facebook. If it doesn't work out then what? When is it proper to defriend them on Facebook? Usually I am fortunate and they defriend me . I say that this is fortunate because the same guys who defriend me on Facebook would have been gravely offended had I defreinded them first.
            Then there are the exes who never defriend me on Facebook. I usually limit their access to my profile, status updates, etc, but still I would prefer to defriend them . But I don't . Its easier not to.
              These are the thoughts that make me nostalgic about the days before Facebook. 

2 comments:

Wondering Minds said...

What's Facebook?
And how did I end up on this new fangled internet?!

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

> When is it proper to defriend them on Facebook?

I defriend someone I have no long term relationship to and have no reason to remain in contact with them.
For example, I worked in one ER for a few years and "friends" a bunch of the nurses. When I finished up at that ER I defriended them. After all, it's not like any of us were really close and I probably would never see or speak to any of them again.
So a guy you dated? If you've ended the relationship and aren't remaining in some kind of contact, defriend him. You'd be surprised how much he won't care.