Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life is Strange

     The other day I was trolling facebook and looking up acquaintances. I saw the picture of someone I knew  a long time ago. I thought she was happily married. Lo and behold she has an open profile and I see a recent picture of her having a divorce party.
      Who needs tabloids like the National Enquirer? Juicy gossip is all over facebook. Then again, some things are better left unknown. My friend who is now divorced got married young to a guy who loved her even though she was very heavy. His mom was very heavy so he liked big women. I had always thought that this was so sweet. When I saw them together there was so much love. It helped me believe that men have different views on who they find attractive . Then again they had been married for many years and have a daughter. I don't know what really happened. Then again, sometimes its comforting to know that even when you think someone has a perfect life maybe it isn't perfect after all. Sometimes things start out great and then things don't always continue that way. I sadly admit that sometimes misery does like company, if maybe just a little bit.
       
     
       

5 comments:

FrumGeek said...

A divorce party?

frum single female said...

LOL , that's what the caption said.

Wondering Minds said...

When you meet someone, and they tell you that they got divorced, it is customary to say "Mazel Tov".

True Story.

Wondering Minds said...

On a side note:

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Fat+chicks+need+love+too.+Don+t+look+at+the+tags_c85936_4428726.png

FrumGeek said...

Yet the Gemara says that when one gets divorced the mizbayach cries.