Sunday, May 18, 2008

lions and tigers and nerd rage oh my!!

when i first started attending singles events i was nice and would talk to everyone who approached me. over time i realized that some guys can't take social cues and once they achieve the feat of engaging me in conversation they will never leave my side. this of course becomes a problem . im just being polite by speaking to them, but its a total waste of my time for them to monopolize my time when i know that i will never ever have any interest in them. not to mention the fact that the longer i engage in conversation with these men, the more i am raising their hopes that i might be interested in them. sadly i find that the only thing one can do is say hello to these individuals and keep on moving. i know its rude, but i cant help it . my biological clock is ticking. not theirs.
i actually will concede that i actually dont mind chatting with the mild mannered nerds who im not interested in because they are very nice and i dont want to hurt their feelings . the only thing is , often just talking to someone for a few minutes can give some men false hope, which will also hurt their feelings.
however , there is another species of undesirables who i find completely intolerable and that is nerds gone wild. nerds gone wild are a hard bunch to identify. they seem mild mannered, but they have been burned so many times that they are now very angry and now they want to get even with every woman who turns them down. again, i cant help them. if im nice to them, they get the wrong idea and they will never leave my side so i can meet a more appropriate suitor. if i walk away from him, he will cause a scene. either way no one wins. however, nerds gone wild could potentially be very dangerous. they could get so angry they could become physically violent. chas veshalom.
i dont pretend to know the answers , but i do know that nerds gone wild are a potential danger to society.
im not happy im single. and yes im sure there are men who might find me nerdy. but thats their problem. i dont want anyone who doesnt want me. mutual attraction is important. if i see that a guy isnt really interested when im trying to talk to him i stop trying to chat with him and excuse myself. im a good person and i know that i dont have to force anyone to like me. it has to be organic. if someone doesnt like me, then so what. i dont like everyone either. we are all entitled to our own preferences. id prefer someone who wants me as much as i want him. everyone deserves this. even nerds.

No comments: