Tuesday, May 20, 2008

youre in the army now

when i was waiting for my flight back to new york after pesach, i noticed alot of army servicemen in the waiting areas. what i really noticed was how very young these soldiers really are. what i noticed was how many had such sweet faces. the saddest part is knowing what lies ahead for these sweet faces . my point isnt whether or not there should be a war, just that it takes away innocence from those who brave it.
i have a friend who cant stand july fourth because it reminds him too much of his years in the israeli army .
if old men had to actually fight in wars , there would be no wars.
my co-worker's daughter decided to enlist for four years. im so saddened by it. my co-worker's daughter has such a sunny personality. i hope she is able to retain it . i hope the army doesnt take that away from her. to serve one's country is very honorable , but with all of the corruption, i think that for a woman its a tough route to go. i hope that my friends daughter lives to tell the tales of her tour of duty.
my hope is for world peace in our life time.

1 comment:

frumskeptic said...

I actually heard that women do not get as psychologically messed up from the army as men do. It was one of the arguments by feminists.