Friday, January 2, 2015

Snow

          The other day when I exited a store much  to my chagrin I spied some flurries and said to the teenager leaving the store, "That's not snow is it ? " and the teen said to me " I wish!" Not the response I was expecting. I thought for a moment and then I realized it really was snow. Then I said, no , that's snow. At that point the teen jumped for joy. She had never seen snow before in her life and she ran to tell whoever else it was she was with. I felt so jaded. All I could think about was how much I wished
it wasn't snowing and anticipated a nasty commute home. There was a time when I found snow exciting. I remember the joy of a snow day off of school , of sledding and building snowmen. Sadly that life seems so long ago now that I work full time and snow has become more of a nuisance than a wonder.

No comments: