Monday, July 13, 2009

priscilla's former son-in-law

2 weeks after lisa marie presley's ex-husband has passed away i have come to a conclusion. even though my first reaction to his death was "big deal?" , surprisingly i have come to another conclusion. la toya's brother's music reminds me of my teenage years. his music populated playlists and mixed tapes of several decades of teenagers. when i first listened to the youngest member of the jackson five singing thriller and off the wall he hadnt yet been accused of being a child molester and he still looked masculine. when i hear these songs i think of a more innocent time in my life as well as in the life of the singer of these songs. to me this is what is sad. a star had risen and has fallen oh so hard. unfortunately that rising star from my childhood shot up in to the wrong galaxy. he became a shining example of what not to be . for this i mourn.

1 comment:

Ookamikun said...

I can so relate.
Check out thriller performances on youtube, ROFLMAO.