Tuesday, March 6, 2012

public transportation

once again i have experienced mr. toad's wild ride upon the q train  this evening. i'm still reeling. how i long for an eight o'clock subway ride home that is peaceful.
i boarded the train this evening at seven-thirty  after waiting for ten minutes for the train to come. i got a seat. some crazy woman hovered over me and pushed  me as she was standing in front of my seat. its times like these that i wish i was six feet tall and three hundred pounds. if i was that large this lunatic would not have wanted to stand anywhere near me.
at some point a very disheveled sixtyish man sat down on the floor near me and i offered him my seat. of course the loony woman moved , as well as the other few people who were standing near where i had been sitting. note to self,  dress more disheveled on the train, you will then have room to sit.
fortunately when i was standing there was a lot more space than when i had been sitting and i finally got another seat when i was three stops from home.
the only good part of the ride was that it was too crowded for the acrobats to do their routine on my train.
i really have to find a job that is walking distance from my home. riding the trains is for the birds.

1 comment:

Princess Lea said...

I think that was on "30 Rock" - Liz is tired of being polite when all the crazies get the respect; so she ends up with wild hair and tattered clothing and screams nonsense to get a seat on the subway.

I'm tall, and it was fun on the subway because no one messed with me. Height is enough; weight isn't a factor.