Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gilad Shalit

     After the amazing live return of Gilad Shalit to Israel there is something that I think about that I haven't read or heard anywhere. I think about the big responsibility he must feel to make something of himself after being swapped for so many prisoners. Or perhaps I am superimposing feelings I think a person must have after such an experience. It must be amazing for him to just be free but it is also so obvious that the fact he survived five years of captivity and was returned alive is an open miracle. I don't think that he could ignore this and then go on to live a mundane life. This is kind of a story where instead of choosing your own path the path chooses you.
     I know that he has traveled and has told his story, but as for what path for greatness he will choose it is too soon to know. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Leftover Cholent said...

I whole-heartedly agree with you. An experience like that will change you forever, but only time will tell how that change will manifest itself. It will be interesting to see. I wish him much hatzlacha.

Leftover Cholent