Sunday, July 22, 2012

true love vs a baby

    Years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would marry someone just to have a baby even if I would not really love the guy. I told her unequivocally  no.  I of course have a different quandary to share. Is it more important to you to marry the right person or is more important to you to have a baby. Obviously the right choice is to choose both. But... if you had to choose , which one would it be?
     I really love children and I have always desired to be a mother.  I also think that the best way to have a child is to be married when one has a child. I could have or adopt a child on my own, but I do not think that this is ideal. I also don't think it is right to marry just anyone to have a baby. Perhaps this will mean that I may never have a child. I guess to me it is more important to marry the right person than to have a child.
     

4 comments:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

Well whether you realize it or not you're describing the average marriage in Ger chassidus!
No, absolutely you should not marry for a child when you don't love the guy. If you live together you'll be miserable. If you live apart you'll be a stressed single mom.
And the child will suffer. A child needs two loving parents.
Don't settle for second best.

frum single female said...

Thanks for the support GI

aminspiration said...

If Gd plans for me not to be married in the near future,i would seriously consider adoption.

frum single female said...

more power to you aminspiration. every person has to do what is right for them.