Tuesday, July 24, 2012

weight loss mania

     I have been attending weight watchers meetings for over a year and finally its sinking in .  For the past four weeks I have lost weight. What is my secret you ask?  Well I have been cooking a lot lately. Leave it to me to wait until there is a record breaking hot summer to go on a cooking spree.  But seriously folks, preparation is key to weight loss. If you don't have anything on hand that is low calorie you are doomed to fail.
     I have stocked my fridge with seasonal veggies. I happen to like zucchini and eggplant so I go to the farmers market and buy fabulously fresh ones. I also stock up on tomatoes and onions to give them flavor. I spray cut veggies with Pam and flavor them with Italian seasoning and pop them in the oven for about forty five minutes. Its delish. Sometimes I add chickpeas or tuna and a teaspoon of olive oil once they are out of the oven.
      I spend my nights preparing lunch for the next day. Its grueling , especially when all I want to do is sit after a long day at work. It has been paying off. The other thing that has helped is the fact that it is so hot outside that my appetite has decreased.
     I also have found low calorie ice cream and snack bars to keep on hand in case I feel the need to nosh. The key is to keep each portion lo-cal so if you eat more than one you haven't blown your entire diet.
      I don't know how long this manic diet phase will last , but hopefully I will be able stick to it for awhile. At least long enough to lose the weight I want to lose. The truth is I need to make this a lifestyle so the weight will actually stay off.

2 comments:

aminspiration said...

i completely can relate. My new thing is that when i buy veggies i cut them up right away and put them in containers ready to snack on and take to school. Its all ready. there is no excuse not to eat healthy.

Princess Lea said...

That's why I don't eat out. In the end one has no idea what they are selling you. The only way to know for sure what you are eating is to make it yourself.