Monday, July 16, 2012

subway antics

      The subway acrobats are on the train all afternoon and evening long on the Q train and I am not happy about this.  For all of you who aren't familiar with them there is a group of teenage or early twenties  young men who crank up their boom boxes and dance on the the subway as well as hang from the ceiling and poles . I find it extremely disruptive. I usually try to sit on the ends of the car so I am not in the thick of the movement. Even they themselves proclaim that they will "try" not to injure anyone but once they did.
     The worst is when I am on the train and they get on the train at canal street and I don't realize that the subway acrobats are going to be on the long stop between canal street and dekalb . I am not sure why there hasn't been a crackdown to remove them from the trains. The only saving grace is that unlike the early morning preacher lady who used to stay in one car preaching about Jews and non-Jews in an ascending crescendo these guys are only in each car for one stop so I don't have to switch cars to get away from them.
      All I want when I am riding the train is a little peace and quiet.  I suppose that's too much to ask.

3 comments:

Altie said...

I actually enjoy the shows. I find it cool that they can showcase their talents. What really bothers me about the subways is when people go car to car asking for money. That is when I wish for a little respite. Like today, a mother carrying a crying baby asking for money. (I didn't have any cash on me.) It made me wonder if she intentionally pinched the baby to make him cry to make the act more believable. Harsh, I know, but these days I wouldn't put it past people.

frum single female said...

after these jokers perform they ask for money

Anonymous said...

LOL. The foot of those subway acrobats on the Q train barely missed my nose once. And I remember that preacher lady and her spiel, she had been boarding the train at the same stop as I a few times (Church Ave) but not before telling everyone on the platform her thoughts.