Tuesday, August 21, 2012

listen

     So many people play interviewer while dating . I don't and somehow I find out a lot more about people than the interviewer types. This is because I actually listen to what the other person is telling me about himself. Its not that I do not ask any questions , its just that  I don't opt for mistress of interrogation mode.
People tell you everything you need to know about them, if only you would listen.
     If a guy tells me he is at a specific religious level that is not mine  i believe him. If someone tells me that he does not want to get married  I believe him. If a tells me that he does not want to marry me I believe him. I don't second guess him and think that I know better when the person himself has stated clearly and specifically differently. Who knows a person better than ones self? Believe what a guy tells you about himself. He means it. He does know himself better than you do. Spare yourself the heartache and just listen.

3 comments:

Garnel Ironheart said...

That's because you're dating guys. Try being on the other side. "Oh she says 'that' but what does she really mean?"

frum single female said...

Well, a lot of women play that game as well . I did not say that men are straightforward, I just said to pay attention to what they are saying. There are many men that do not listen to what woman are telling them and they assume a lot. The problem is that everyone does not always listen to each other and they also have selected listening skills . A lot of people hear what they want to hear .

frum single female said...

I was saying that we all have to actually listen to what the other says