Sunday, August 5, 2012

photo please...

     I never learn my lesson. My usual policy is that I don't contact men on dating websites that don't post their pictures . A guy without a profile picture contacted me today. Against my better judgement I replied. Instead of immediately requesting a photo I chatted with him online. When I finally saw his photo I was in quite a dilemma. Not only did he look a decade older than his listed age, he did not look appealing to me either. I  was in quite a pickle. Why hadn't I upheld my rule?
Then again , it was not entirely my fault. This is the chance people take when they don't post their picture on dating websites. They think that if I really like them then it won't matter what they look like . So silly.
      Anyway, back to Romeo. Well as soon as I saw old Romeo's photo I knew he was not for me, only confirming all doubts I had about him without the photo. He had a lot of flaws before I saw his photo, but I guess I thought if he was cute it might not be so bad.... Well the photo brought me to reality and no Romeo was not for me photo or not!
     Well , I have learned my lesson. Next time I am immediately asking for a photo when mr no photo contacts me.

4 comments:

FrumGeek said...

Why does everyone compare anything involving dating to Romeo and Juliet? Did anyone actually read te play?

frum single female said...

Lol actually I don't think I did even though I was assigned to in high school. I just was calling him Romeo instead of 'loverboy'

Wondering Minds said...

"Loverboy" makes the story more dramatic...

frum single female said...

wondering minds- yeah, that's kind of why i had chosen romeo instead!