Tuesday, October 9, 2012

single on yom tov

     I stayed in Brooklyn for Simchas Torah. It was quiet. I went to meals with mostly women in attendance. I always wonder where the mostly male singles yom tov meals are. I know that they exist. It is too bad that they could not have been combined.
     Being frum and single on the holidays means you feel like staying home and relaxing but you also feel like you should be at a holiday single's function that might help you meet your bashert. I usually let the I'm tired and don't feel like packing side of me win. Over the years I have found that I am not alone. There is always a  large group who stay local. This year was no different.
     Perhaps next year I will be part of a couple, but this year was not so bad as a single. I spent time with friends , rested and ate too much .

3 comments:

Wondering Minds said...

As a Frum Single Male, in a similar neighborhood, I wish I had an answer for you as to where it is, and where those combined meals had been!

SJ said...

http://thoughtsofasj.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-think-i-know-what-problem-is.html XD

frum single female said...

I read your post SJ and a lot of people could say those same things about Jewish men. I don't buy it. All Jewish women are not japs and all Jewish men are not cheap mamas boys . There are good and bad in every group. That's life.